Canadian Zeolite Corp (the “Company”) (TSX.V:CNZ) (OTCQB:CNZCF) (FSE:ZEON) will look back on 2016 as a year of major growth, accomplishments and achievements. Not only did we start shipping our Bromley Creek natural zeolite to waiting customers but we made significant strides in zeolite product development and research.
2016 Corporate Highlights
- Began shipping zeolite from the mill in Kamloops, BC to end user customers and achieved cash-flow. Commenced trading on the OTCQB, a U.S. based stock exchange, under the symbol “CNZCF”. OTC Markets Group Inc., located in New York, N.Y., operates the world’s largest electronic inter-dealer quotation system.
- Announced an exclusive national distribution deal with Bella Turf, Canada’s leading distributor of Artificial Turf Landscape Grasses. The Company has agreed to supply its zeolite to Bella Turf for the Synthetic Turf Industry. Bella Turf has established distribution channels and dealers throughout Canada and will now have the ability to distribute the Company’s zeolite to their established customers. Bella Turf incorporates 1.5 – 2 lbs of zeolite per square foot in their installations of Artificial Turf and will be launching their own infill product nationally. Bella Turf is an ideal fit with Canadian Zeolite as we strive to develop “green-tech” products and relationships.
- Reached a Supplier Agreement with Natural Ventures, a Puerto Rico based licensed grower and manufacturer of medical marijuana. Canadian Zeolite will now be working with Natural Ventures to enhance their growing production per square foot with zeolitic fertilizers and substrates. Natural Ventures is located near San Juan, Puerto Rico and has an indoor growing facility of 100,000 square feet. Currently there are over 60,000 registered medical marijuana patients in Puerto Rico and that number is expected to increase significantly in 2017.
- Received approval from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) for the Company’s Bromley Creek natural zeolite as an animal feed additive. The approved product Z-Lite and the product label were approved under registration #991198. The premium clinoptilolite formula was approved as an additive of up to 2% of the finished feed. According to the Animal Nutrition Association of Canada (ANAC) the total animal feed production is just over 30 million tonnes annually. The United States annual production was last reported at approximately 168 million tons.
- Meetings with Canadian Zeolites highly skilled technical team were held in Vancouver the week of November 28 to fast-track the Company’s exclusive zeolite product line for use in the agricultural, Municipal composting for odor reduction and medical marijuana spaces and the development of zeoponics and zeo substrates for outdoor and greenhouse growing mediums. The Company has assembled a technical team of the best minds in the world of zeolite. Joining the meetings with the technical team were several agricultural experts in both organic and non-organic farming and orchard operations to add their input on using zeolite to benefit their businesses.
- Reached an agreement with Isodiol, a Southern California-based hemp Cannabidiol “CBD” innovator. Canadian Zeolite will now be working with Isodiol to research and develop CBD and zeolite infused products and supplements intended for human and animal consumption.
- Engaged with the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) in cooperation with the University of Havana (UH), which specializes in zeolite science, technology, research and product development to explore research collaboration opportunities. This collaboration between the Company and these two Universities provides complementary expertise on zeolite production, research and development.
2017 Corporate Plans
- Continue to establish Canadian Zeolite as the number one producer and supplier of natural zeolite in Canada.
- Secure additional supplier’s agreements and contracts with customers throughout Canada and the United States.
- Expand the Company’s customer network with a focus on increasing sales for our target markets of animal feeds, municipal composting, water purification, agriculture and aquaculture markets and medical marijuana.
- Develop and launch the Company’s end consumer zeolitic product line.
- Increase quarry permit as required at the Bromley Creek.
- Obtain additional certifications.
- Pursue expansion opportunities into the United States and South America to meet the growing demand of zeolite.
- Spin out Arizona gold asset.
Ray Paquette, CEO states, “2016 has been an extraordinary year for Canadian Zeolite. I would like to thank our shareholders for their involvement and support during this exciting time. We look forward to 2017 as we continue to innovate and build on the many successes of 2016.”
President & CEO
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Some statements in this news release contain forward-looking information. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements with respect to future expenditures, the Bella Turf’s launch of an infill product nationally, the increase number of medical marijuana patients in Puerto Rico and the ability of the Company to execute on the items listed under the heading “2017 corporate plans”. These statements address future events and conditions and, as such, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the statements. Such factors include, among others, the ability to complete contemplated work programs, the ability of our partners to execute on their business plans and the timing and amount of expenditures. Canadian Zeolite does not assume the obligation to update any forward-looking statement.